Invision Community
George Geist

Gun Making

A long rifle barrel being forge welded is shown in a wonderful 55 minute movie-turned-video "The Gunsmith of Williamsburg." Wallace Gusler is the gunsmith and makes the entire rifle which includes boring and burnishing the barrel; rifling; brass pouring; wood stocking; and making all lock parts with springs. The Williamsburg Foundation of Virginia produced the film.

I became acquainted with Dave Hammer in 2011 at a hardware clinic in Amelia, Virginia. Got to visit his shop not too far from there.

A long rifle barrel being forge welded is shown in a wonderful 55 minute movie-turned-video "The Gunsmith of Williamsburg." Wallace Gusler is the gunsmith and makes the entire rifle which includes boring and burnishing the barrel; rifling; brass pouring; wood stocking; and making all lock parts with springs. The Williamsburg Foundation of Virginia produced the film.

I became acquainted with Dave Hammer in 2011 at a hardware clinic in Amelia, Virginia. Got to visit his shop not too far from there.

You're correct in that being a great vid. I have it at home. I believe I posted that one already but it's been taken off of you tube. (I think Williamsburg complained and threatened legal action or something) Is definitely one of the better films though.

Here you go Mr Turley. Definitely one of the best :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.